Knitting, Crocheting, Felting, Weaving for Peace in Time of Pandemic
Calling all crafters!
So many disruptions, so much sadness, loss and loneliness. But life goes on for those of us who have been lucky enough to survive Covid in this very turbulent World.
The past two years have forced us to rethink how and where we can find a safe space to create, how we find our own sense of peace. For many of us, making things
with our hands has been a way to deal with all these disruptions, a peaceful way to push back against the chaos and anger around us.
We do not want to wait until Peace week in September to have this exhibit, our new dates are April 23-30, 2022
- Juried exhibit: Knitting, Crocheting, Felting, Weaving for Peace in time of Pandemic
- Work Media: yarn, wool, wire, (copper, silver, plastic,) paper, fabric, wood, all recycled materials welcome
- Work size: indoor and outdoor art pieces accepted
- Venue: New Deal Studio & Gallery, 2003 S. Louisiana St, Little Rock, AR 72206
- established artists in Arkansas
- emerging artists in Arkansas
- budding artists in the Arkansas school system (this could be a class project entry or an individual entry as you will see from the application form)
Please complete the form including:
- Cover letter
- max 3 pieces per artist
- size and material
- short artist resume
- – 3 digital images jpeg format per piece entered, please email images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Run of exhibit: April 23-30, 2022
Selection process: by jurors
– a cash award to the 3 best budding artists
– winning established and emerging artist will get to hang in a retail Gallery for two weeks.
Notification to artist
- last day to submit slides to be juried April 9, 2022
- Artists will be notified if accepted by April 11, 2022
- Work needs to be delivered to New Deal Gallery & Studio by Saturday April 20, 2022
- Artwork needs to be picked up after the exhibit. Let us know if your work is for sale. Gallery will take 20%
Email your entry form to email@example.com or mail it to Anncha Briggs, 701 Hall Dr, Little Rock, AR 72205. The digital images in jpeg format must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include title, size, medium and your name.
Contact Anncha Briggs TXT or Call 501-412-1109 or email email@example.com, and Kyle Boswell email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Arkansas Peace Week, please visit our website www.arkansaspeaceweek.com .