Knitting, Crocheting, Felting, Weaving for Peace in a time of Pandemic
Calling all crafters!
There have been so many disruptions this past year, so much sadness, loss and loneliness. We had to deal with the pandemic, black life matters, hunger, homelessness, anger, impeachment of a President, a hotly contested election, shootings and storming of the United States Capitol. It has been a year like no other.
The past year has forced us to rethink how and where we can find a safe space to create, how we find our own sense of peace. For many of us, making things with our hands has been a way to deal with this year of disruption, a peaceful way to push back against the chaos and anger around us.
Let us celebrate PEACE WEEK and September 21, the International Day of Peace, with an exhibition to celebrate our survival and remember those who are gone.
Juried exhibit : Knitting, Crocheting, Felting, Weaving for Peace in time of Pandemic
Work Media: yarn, wool, wire, (copper, silver, plastic,) paper, fabric, recycled materials welcome
Work size: indoor and outdoor art pieces accepted
Venue: New Deal Studio & Gallery, 2003 Louisiana St, Little Rock, AR 72206
- established artists in Arkansas
- emerging artists in Arkansas
- budding artists in the the Arkansas school system (this could be a class project entry or an individual entry as you will see from the application form)
- Cover letter
- max 3 pieces per artist
- 3 digital images jpeg format per piece entered
- size and material
- short artist resume
Run of exhibit: September 19-26, 2021 during Peace Week which has been celebrated in Arkansas 10 years
Selection process: by jurors
- a cash award to the 3 best budding artists,
- winning established and emerging artist will get to hang in a retail Gallery for two weeks.
Notification to artist
- last day to submit slides to be juried August 19th, 2021
- Artists will be notified if accepted by September 9, 2021
- Work needs to be delivered to New Deal Gallery & Studio Friday September 17, 2021
- Art work needs to be picked up after the exhibit. Let us know if your work is for sale