Saturday, September 23, 2017
Little Rock Central High School NHS, 2120 W. Daisy Gatson Bates Dr
Presented in coordination with the 60th Anniversary Commemoration of the Integration of Little Rock Central High School.
Join us as we celebrate peace. Arkansas Peace Fest will feature
- Booths where Non- Profit Organizations will share information about promoting peace and justice in Arkansas
- Fun activities for children and adults: Art and Ecology
Onsite 60th Anniversary Commemorative Events coordinated by UCA College of Fine Arts and Communication and Oxford American
- “Imagine the Inclusive School of the Future” art exhibit
- Little Rock Central High School Architectural History Bus Tours
- Music performances by student ensembles from area high schools and colleges. noon-6:00
- Oxford American jazz concert featuring “No Tears Suite” by Chris Parker 6:00-7:30 pm.
- “Imagine If Buildings Could Talk,” 3D, mapped video projection (9minute video screened every 15 minutes) – 7:30pm – 9:30pm.
Rock Region METRO is providing a free park and ride to Central High on Saturday, Sept. 23, 10 am-10 pm. The parking is at St. Mark Baptist Church (on 12th St) and Liberty Hill Baptist Church (on S. Schiller). The shuttle will also make a loop to connect our events at Central High with the 60th commemoration Youth Summit, presented by the John Cain Foundation and New Africa Alliance at the Hampton Building on Daisy Bates, and the Dunbar Neighborhood Festival on Wright Ave.
Non-profit organizations will share how they promote peace and justice in Arkansas; provide information about your group and interact with attendees.
Moms Demand Action – Arkansas Chapter
Arkansas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
Community of Christ
Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Little Rock
Faulkner County Coalition for Social Justice
Pulaski County Community Services
Pax Christi Little Rock
Little Rock Society of Friends
Arkansas Sierra Club – Central Arkansas Group
Magdalene Coming Home
Westover Hills Presbyterian Church
Ecumenical Buddhist Society
Arkansas Community Organizations/Arkansas Community Institute
Green Party of Arkansas
People United For Peace
Greening Youth Foundation
Central Arkansas Democratic Socialist of America
Campaign to Elect Margaret Egan District Judge
Girl Scout Troop 6018
Women’s Federation for World Peace
Episcopal Peace Fellowship and St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
Firehouse Hostel & Museum
Pulaski Academy Amnesty Intl