Arkansas Peace Week features events and resources to teach youth concrete steps to counter the violence that has become such an integral part of our society and threatens the safety of our children. Please share this with children and organizations you know.
Youth and School Resources and Activities
- Lesson Plans and Resources – developed in partnership with LRSD and Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS). We invite all Arkansas schools and youth groups to participate and present these lessons teaching peacemaking skills to the youth in our state.
Youth Oriented Events and Activities
- Peace Week Essay Contest – – Essay Contest for 7th – 12 Grade Students
- Peace Week Art Contest – Art Contest for 1st -12th Grade Students
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners in six age categories will receive prizes.
- Entry Deadline September 6, 2022
- Post our Peace Week Art Contest Flyer at your school or community center.
- Finalists will be displayed at the Arkansas State Capitol. September 18-24.
- Alternatives to Violence—Youth Program (AV-YP) – Experiential workshops for teens that empower individuals to liberate themselves and others from the burden of violence.
- Knitting for Peace – Exhibit featuring Knitting, Crocheting, Felting, Weaving for Peace in a time of Pandemic. Featuring Established, Emerging and Young Artist.