Arkansas Peace Week features events an programs to teach youth concrete steps to counter the violence that has become such an integral part of our society and threatens the safety of our children.
Youth and School Resources and Activities
- School and Group Lesson Plans and Resources – we invite all Arkansas schools and youth groups participate and present these lessons teaching peacemaking skills to the youth in our state.
Youth Oriented Events
- Arkansas Peace Fest – An annual event concluding Peace Week. It is a fun and educational event for children and families featuring art, music, food, and games. Peace Fest is hosted in coordination with Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site.
- Peace Week Summit – Annual event for teens and young adults featuring organizations making a difference in our community and in depth discussions about topics about peace, social justice and our environment
- Peace Week Essay Contest – Essay Contest for 7th – 12 Grade Students
- Peace Week Art Contest – Art Contest for 1st -6th Grade Students
- Knitting for Peace – Exhibit featuring Knitting, Crocheting, Felting, Weaving for Peace in a time of Pandemic. Featuring Established, Emerging and Young Artist.