Arkansas Peace Week has compiled the following program to help schools and youth organizations take concrete steps to counter the violence that has become such an integral part of our society and threatens the safety of our children.
In 2017, Pax Christi Little Rock (PCLR) worked with school counselor Mildred Calhoun to develop a peace curriculum for Rockefeller Elementary. The curriculum was taught and more importantly experienced by the students each day during Arkansas Peace Week. In 2018 we expanded the curriculum and making it available to all LRSD elementary schools.
This year we invite all Arkansas schools and youth groups participate and present these lessons teaching peacemaking skills to the youth in our state.
Please see Lesson Plans and Ideas Below:
- Arkansas Peace Week Lesson Plans
- Arkansas Peace Week Lesson Plans – Shorter
- Pledge of Nonviolence Lesson Plans
- Peace Week- Teacher Ideas
- Peace Week Coloring and Work Sheets
- Volunteer with Little Rock School District during Peace Week
- Online Film: Woodruff: A lesson of non-violence
- THV11’s Craig O’Neill reads children’s books for Peace Week